It's a bird, it's a plane! It leaps tall buildings!
February 26, 2015
Learn why drones are now more than ever, a concern to Privacy, IT Security, and Physical Security practitioners.For less than $1,000 hobbyists can deliver a one kilogram payload nearly a kilometer with an accuracy of less than one meter and click a button to:
- aim and take a video or pictures from a gyro-stabilized PTZ camera;
- deliver or pick up an item;
- become a sniffer and/or a WiFi Access Point
- and, unfortunately, aim a gun and pull a trigger; or explode a bomb.
- Break Hugh's drone! Learn about the state-of-the-art in enabling technologies for advanced remote control toys and spin-off uses.
- See what fun can be had with $35 and five minutes.
- Hear Hugh drone on about UAV legislation and regulations in Canada.
- Share anecdotes that will frighten the children and your boss.
Live drones, radios, and servos will be brought to the presentation.
Inform yourself, or start a new hobby!
Bio:Hugh Ellis is a reformed engineer and entrepreneur whose background includes the Canadian Army's Signal Corps, CSE, co-founding an IT security professional services firm and feeding frozen yogurt to 150,000 kids every year (Funhaven). He and his son have terrorized squirrels in an Ottawa neighbourhood using drones. No squirrels were harmed in the production of his presentation.